Allen Fieldhouse: New Tiers & Pricing for Men's Basketball
- Kansas Athletics is launching a new, expanded tier system that lowers the season ticket price in multiple areas.
- You’ve powered the sellout streak and made it possible for Coach Self to tally an unbelievable home record of 264-14.
- We want basketball games to be your outlet, a time where we can all be with friends that we haven’t been able to be with in-person for far too long.
Why buy season tickets?
- You know the entire cost upfront as well as locking-in your same seat location for each game. If you do not, you’re at the mercy of the market which will fluctuate on a daily basis.
- Season ticket holders gain access to opportunities such as attending events like Chalk Talk before games and having access to post-season and special event tickets such as the Champions Classic and Wooden Classic.
- Season ticket purchases and donations to the Williams Education Fund support student-athletes through the general scholarship fund, equipment, training and more.
Why purchase season tickets through KU?
- The purchase of season tickets and Williams Fund donations help to support student-athlete scholarships.
- If you purchase through a third party, they take the fees as profit, instead of your dollars going towards helping KU student-athletes.
- Same seats each game vs. a different seat for every game through the secondary market.
- With season tickets you know cost up front. Through other avenues you are at the mercy of the market.
- Season ticket purchases help us ensure that we have a full arena which adds to overall environment for fans and student-athletes.
HOW DOES COVID-19 AFFECT THIS MOVING FORWARD AND WILL THIS BE CONSISTENT OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS?
- This allows us to introduce some consistency while maintaining flexibility to react to changing conditions and maintain the unparalleled home court advantage and gameday environment of Allen Fieldhouse.
- Just like Coach Self adjusted to a 4-guard lineup switching from a two-bigs lineup early in the season, he realized it was better to change up his tactic. So, if two years down the road there is something more beneficial to our fan base, we’re going to look into that option.
Why change from three tiers to eight tiers?
- The old tiered system had too many seats that were overpriced. Therefore, someone purchasing a season ticket behind the basket was paying the same as someone sitting between the baselines in the upper rows.
- The new system will place a much more accurate value on each section, accounting for sightlines, proximity to the court, etc. It creates opportunities for more fans to be part of the tradition at Allen Fieldhouse .
WHAT IS THE BASKETBALL SEASON TICKET REFUND POLICY IF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC CONTINUES?
- Your investment with Kansas Athletics is always safe and if there are any changes or cancellations due to COVID-19, we will offer refunds and donation options.
When will the renewal period end for season tickets and Williams Fund pledges?
- All renewals are due June 30.
When will select-a-seat occur?
- Select-A-Seat will begin on July 13.
Is there a required donation to the Williams Education Fund?
- A minimum $100 donation is required on all season tickets in Allen Fieldhouse
When will new season tickets go on sale?
- After select-a-seat, any remaining season ticket inventory will be made available to the public August 3, but interested fans can purchase now by clicking here.
How do I purchase tickets to the Missouri game at Sprint Center this season?
- Tickets to the KU vs. MU game at Sprint Center are included in the basketball season ticket package only. All remaining inventory after KU season ticket sales are completed will be made available to MU for the game. If they do not sell the remaining inventory, those limited tickets will be made available to the general public through the Sprint Center. The best way to guarantee a ticket to this game is to purchase season tickets through KU.